Volvo Palo Alto
Price Simms is a highly successful, locally owned group of auto dealerships that prides itself on excellence in customer service, being a great employer and a valuable member of the community.
The Company currently has over 600 employees.
We are currently looking for a Service Technician with 3+ year experience. Reporting to the Service Manager and Shop Forman, the Service Technician is responsible for diagnosing and resolving vehicle issues and perform necessary mechanical work.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Utilize appropriate diagnostic equipment to check vehicle performance and trouble shoot problems.
- Conduct test drives, as appropriate.
- Ensure all work is complete, including any routine services such as lubrication and inspections.
- Adhere to all dealership and manufacturer procedures and policies.
- Abide by all safety precautions and emergency procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of manufacturer-specific information and tools.
- Complete all technical training, as required.
- Communicate findings and work status to Service Advisor promptly.
- Work with fellow employees and contribute as a team player.
- Assure all repairs and services performed on vehicles are safe & problem free.
- Ensure work area remains clean, uncluttered and safe.
- Complete all manufacturers’ training as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
IDEAL PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an automotive technician.
- Extensive knowledge of computer controls, diagnosis of electrical and hydraulic problems, and other specialized skills needed to work on these systems.
- Knowledge of ADP and other systems as required by manufacturer.
Specific credentials include:
- OEM Factory Certification.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- ASE certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record with ability to drive company and customer vehicles as necessary.
- Unwavering owner support to maximize your success
- A clear, yet flexible career path with substantial opportunity for growth
- Aggressive lead model with substantial marketing and advertising budget
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Extensive technology to support all aspects of sales and service
- Culture of innovation and teamwork
- Great reputation and relationships with manufacturers
- Growing organization
- Well-funded, forward-thinking ownership team
- Flexible work week, including weekends, comprehensive benefits package, including 401k plan