Volvo Palo Alto
Price Simms is a highly successful, locally owned group of auto dealerships that prides itself on excellence in customer service, being a great employer and a valuable member of the community.
The Company currently has over 900 employees.
Reporting to the General Manager and General Sales Manager. Sales Manager is responsible for meeting specific financial goals in terms of sales and margins as well as maintaining a high CSI rating. The Sales Manager will also help manage relationships with third party lead providers and other technology and services vendors. These partnerships may range from lead Sources to inventory management to market valuation companies.
The Sales Managers are responsible for recruiting, managing and motivating a sales organization, including training, mentoring and measuring performance of the staff.
The Sales Manager will serve as a member of the store leadership team responsible for driving the strategic growth of the Company, while at the same time remaining very hands on with respect to the execution of customer sales from lead through delivery.
- Maintain a strong awareness of competitor sales and marketing activities and techniques. Proactively maintain awareness and communicate all known details of competitors to team members.
- Participate in vendor webinars and training to ensure an understanding of the latest technologies and how to use them. Reinforce importance of training and use of all key features to team, especially CRM.
- Recruit, develop and grow a development organization that will achieve and exceed the strategic objectives.
- Manage and monitor the daily activity of the sales staff (ex. Fresh ups, appointments, etc.).
- Effectively communicate the expectations of performance and ensure accountability and maximum contribution of each sales team member.
- Set and manage to budget and performance goals as well as non-financial objectives that complement the business strategy and organizational goals.
Specific job requirements include:
- Ensure that team responds to all customer inquires, phone and email in less than 30 minutes
- Complete and accurate daily reporting
- Ensure that team sets the necessary number of appointments to meet sales goals
- Develop and manage departmental budget and sales planning
- Maintain CSO of _____
- Achieve Gross profit objectives (PUT IN ACTUAL NUMBER)
- Oversee promotion of new and used vehicles and incentives, ensuring timely submission of promotions for posting across the website, Facebook, newsletters, video. Ensure that all team members are trained on the details of all offers and promotions.
- Ensure all members are trained on all systems and are competent in using them
- Measure and analyze results including lead channel performance, conversion ratios, closing rates, and ROI
- Work with GM, and Used vehicle manager to manage inventory and allocation.
- Support growth of service revenue by ensuring the setting of customers’ first appointment.
A seasoned sales manager with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in automotive dealerships. This individual should possess an outstanding track record of successfully and profitably closing customers and developing team members. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial fire, and an affinity for adopting and leveraging the latest tools and technologies. He or she should also have a passion for delivering value to customers.